Breast lift surgeries are performed quite frequently today. Breast lift operations performed on patients whose breast tissue is disrupted for various reasons can be performed with very small and invisible scars.
Breast lift is an aesthetic operation to rectify sagging breasts. The surgery is performed under general anesthesia. The operation time is about 2 hours. The operation time may vary depending on the size of the sagging breast. This surgery is carried out in 3 stages.
- The nipples are moved to where they should be.
- Breast tissue is shaped. The excess skin is removed.
- If the breasts are large, excess breast tissue is removed. If it is small, it can be supported with a silicone prosthesis.
The surgery can be done with shrinking for those with sagging and big breasts. It can be done with weight loss or enlargement of sagging breasts after birth.
- To those with saggy nipples,
- To those whose breasts dangle after birth,
- Those whose breasts dangle after excessive weight loss,
- For those who have sagging breasts with age
- It can be performed on patients with tubular Breast Deformity.
Surgeries are generally applied to middle-aged and labored people. However, it can also be done to young people whose breasts are sagging structurally. People with tubular Breast Deformity disease can be done at an earlier age. As with other aesthetic operations, breast lift operations are not performed for people under the age of 18, unless it is a special case..
Some tests and examinations are performed on the patient before the surgery. Each patient should have mammography / USG before surgery. The preoperative radiological image is very important for postoperative follow-up. Mammography / breast USG should be repeated 1 year after surgery.
As with other surgeries, smoking should be interrupted after the surgery.
Aspirin etc. Blood-thinning medications should be interrupted before surgery. Especially, one week blood-thinning substances should be avoided
The patient can be discharged the same day after surgery. It is necessary to come for control 3 days later. The dressing is removed 2 – 4 days after surgery. Stitches are usually removed on the 10th day. Moderate swelling and bruising may be experienced in the first 10 days after the operation. Sometimes drains may be required. If a drain is used, it can usually be removed one day later.
The breasts may appear higher and upright for the first 2 to 3 weeks after surgery. This image does not look natural. But there is no need to worry about this. After the 3rd week, the appearance of the breasts begins to return to normal. Breasts take their shape at the end of the 3rd month
Things to consider after the lift surgery:
- The patient can take a bath two days after the operation.
- He can return to his daily life after 3 days.
- It is recommended not to do sports other than walking during the first 3 weeks after the operation.
- Sports bra should be worn continuously during the first 3 weeks.
- After the 3rd week, you can do sports other than moving chest and arms.
- All sports movements are free after the 6th week.
- It is recommended to wait about 3-4 days to drive. Intermediate should not be used without decreasing sensitivity in arm movements.
- You should not lift weights for the first 2 to 3 weeks after surgery.
- Long walks can be done after 2 weeks. After 3 – 4 weeks, running can be started.
Copyright @2023 Estheticana.