What are things to consider after hair transplantation? Hair transplantation is an operation that fulfills the hair and self-confidence of people who have hair loss. The success rate of hair transplant operations is quite high.
There are many techniques in hair transplantation. The most preferred of these techniques; FUE, Sapphire FUE and DHI techniques. The most appropriate hair transplantation technique is selected for the patient by evaluating the patient’s health condition, the degree of hair loss, hair structure and expectations. Regardless of the technique used for hair transplantation, care should be taken until the recovery is completed after the operation.
A long process awaits people who have hair transplantation. It takes approximately 12 months for the hair to become completely natural after the operation. Patients who have hair transplantation should learn what to pay attention to during this 12-month period.
8 Things to Consider After Hair Transplantation
1. You should be careful not to use alcohol in the first week after hair transplantation. Alcohol has a blood thinning effect. Postoperative alcohol use may cause bleeding in the treated areas. In addition, alcohol can interact with medications you should use after hair transplantation.
2. Smoking should not be used for a while after the operation. Smoking slows down the blood flow and causes the hair follicles not to be adequately nourished. This causes the healing process to prolong and the hair follicles to become unhealthy.
3. Itching, redness and crusting may occur on the scalp after the hair transplant operation. Itchy areas should not be itchy and should not be touched with scab. Touching the scabs can cause the hair follicles to be damaged or even ruptured.
4. After the operation, while lying down, the treated areas should not touch the pillow. When the head touches the pillow, it can shift the transplanted grafts and cause extra pressure. To prevent this from happening, patients should sleep half-lying for a few days after hair transplantation.
5. Until the recovery after the operation is completed, the shampoo and care creams recommended by the doctor should be used. When using these products, you should not put too much pressure on your scalp. You should not apply any chemical-containing product that the doctor does not recommend to the scalp.
6. The treated areas should not be washed in the first two days after hair transplant. The first wash after hair transplantation should be done by a specialist in the hair transplant clinic. Hair follicles may be damaged by a small wrong move during the first wash. For this, do not try to do the first wash yourself.
7. After the first wash, the patient does the other washes himself. During washing, the water should not be too hot or too cold. Hair dryer should not be used. The towel to be used during drying should not be too hard.
8. Sports that may cause sweating should be avoided. Sweat increases the risk of infection of the treated areas. Therefore, patients who have an operation should take a break from activities such as steam bath and sauna for a while.
The post-hair transplant process is as important as the operation. Patients should be careful after the operation until recovery is completed. If you want to get detailed information about hair transplantation from an expert, you can contact us.