Hair transplant surgery is the ideal solution for those who experience permanent hair loss. Hair loss has become a big problem today. Hair is one of the most important elements that make up a person’s appearance. Hair loss can occur for many different reasons. One of the most common causes of hair loss is genetic hair loss. Causes such as unhealthy diet, stress, smoking, hormonal changes and health problems can cause hair loss.
Why Does Hair Loss?
Many different reasons can cause hair loss in men and women. The reasons for hair loss are as follows.
- Unhealthy life
- Unhealthy eating
- Excessive weight loss
- Hormon-related changes
- Medicines used for some diseases
There are different types of hair loss in women and men. The most common hair loss in men is androgenetic alopecia. Androgenetic alopecia, called male pattern hair loss, is seen in 90% of men. Male pattern hair loss can also be seen in women.
Who Can Have Hair Transplantation?
Am I suitable for hair transplantation? How can I understand this? Not everyone may be a suitable candidate for hair transplantation. Hair transplant;
• Those who have permanent hair loss,
• Those who have had hair transplantation before but are not satisfied with the result,
• Those who are not satisfied with the current hair density,
• Those who experience hair loss due to wounds or burns and
• It can be applied to people who experience hair loss after the disease.
Hair transplant surgery can be performed on people who meet the above criteria. However, for hair transplantation, the health condition of the patient must be suitable for the operation.
What is Hair Transplant?
Hair transplantation is the name given to the process of transplanting hair follicles taken from hairy areas to hairless areas. Transplantation can be done not only to the hair but also to the eyebrows and beards. Eyebrow transplantation can be performed for those who want their eyebrows to be thicker, and those who want their beards to be thicker.
The most used techniques in hair transplantation; FUE technique, Sapphire FUE technique, DHI technique and unshaved hair transplantation technique.
How to do Hair Transplantation?
Before hair transplantation surgery, the number of grafts to be transplanted is determined. The donor area is decided. Back of the head is generally preferred as the donor area. This area between 2 ears is ideal for hair transplantation. Hair in this area does not fall out easily. After the donor area is determined, the front hairline design is made. The design should be customized. While designing the front hairline, attention is paid to the patient’s hair structure, face shape, gender, age and wishes. After hair design, hair transplant operation is started.
In hair transplant surgery, grafts in the donor area are collected first. Collected hair follicles are made ready for transplantation. Small channels are opened in balding areas so that hair follicles can be transplanted. Hair follicles are transplanted into the opened micro channels.
Things to Consider Before Hair Transplantation
• Blood thinners should be suspended.
• You should quit smoking and alcohol use some time before the operation.
• You should quit coffee, fizzy drinks and energy drinks at least one week in advance.
• Before the operation, you should report your health history to your doctor.
• If you have a regular medication, you should tell your doctor about these medications.
• You should choose clothes that are easy to put on and take off on the day of the operation.
You also like this page: Things To Consider Before Hair Transplant
To learn more about hair transplant surgery and to have a private consultation, contact us.